You’ve packed away your white pants and crop tops for the year and filled your closet with chunky sweaters and over the knee boots. But your skincare routine – that hasn’t changed. Why? Harsher conditions during the colder weather seasons can make your skin rough, dull, and even wrinkly. But don’t despair! We have some Korean skincare tricks to keep your skin protected through Fall and Winter.
1. Stay hydrated. Drink lots of water. Warm water! Cold water! Sparkling water! Hydration is key to keeping your skin youthful and vibrant.
2. Remember to wear sunscreen. Just because it’s not summer anymore doesn’t mean the sun’s rays aren’t harmful to your skin. Apply SPF daily using a product like All Around Safe Block Spray Sun Milk to protect your skin.
3. Moisturize before you go to bed. Using a thicker cream like Enprani’s Bounce Cheese Cream and hydrating nighttime masks like Too Cool for School’s Pumpkin Sleeping Pack before bed means you’ll wake up with amazingly moisturized skin without having to pile on products during the day.
4. Use products that include soothing ingredients like aloe. Applying Benton’s Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel under your moisturizer will calm your skin and keep it nice and supple.
5. Take extra care of the skin under your eyes. Under eye skin is very thin and therefore easily susceptible to fine lines and wrinkles during harsher weather conditions, causing you to look tired and less youthful. Using a product like SNP’s Birds Nest Aqua Eye Patch will nourish the skin under your eyes and make you look rejuvenated.
6. Take it easy on the powder. Powder dries out skin, and especially during colder weather seasons when you’re battling harsh winds and low temperatures, powder can absorb your skin’s moisture and cause your skin to crack and wrinkle.
7. Practice moderation when using heat to warm up. Blasting the heat at home and taking hot showers may keep you warm, but high heat can cause your skin to dry out. Try to keep it less than scorching hot in the shower, and wear layers at home so you don’t have to keep your heat on high.
8. Use a hydrating makeup remover to clean your skin. Using a product like Su:m37’s Miracle Rose Cleansing Stick during colder weather months will remove impurities from your skin while maintaining its moisture.
9. Exfoliate. Gentle exfoliation using a product like XO Memebox’s I’m Dual Pore Brush will wash away dead skin cells and keep your skin looking vibrant.
10. Have fun taking care of your skin! Less sun and colder days may get you down, but you can always have a little fun using products like Elizavecca’s Milky Piggy Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask and SNP’s Animal Otter Aqua Mask. Brighten up your day AND your skin! 🙂