Working in the beauty industry, I’ve naturally become more aware of the ingredients in the products we use. However, reading the ingredients list can be somewhat intimidating at first, similar to reading a contract 🤔 You have a general idea of the purpose of the contract (the product), but you may not understand all the fine points (the ingredients).
Thanks to the Fair Packaging and Labeling act, all skincare/makeup products must list ingredients by their common names rather than their Latin names. I find this to be true in most cases, but I still come across ingredients contained in many products that don’t go by their common names.. and they’re usually botanical 🌱 The names may look intimidating, but once you learn what they really mean, you realize there are key benefits provided by those ingredients!
Knowledge is power, so I wanted to share some of my learnings with you guys. Check out three of the ingredients I often across. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org! 😍
1. Salvia Hispanica aka Chia – contains high content of omega 3 fatty acids, provides long-lasting moisture while combatting acne and wrinkles
- INNISFREE Oat Mild Moisture Peeling Gel
- I DEW CARE Disco Kitten – Illuminating Diamond Peel-Off Mask
- ETUDE HOUSE Berry Delicious Strawberry Body Scrub & Wash
2. Nelumbo Nucifera aka Indian Lotus – rich in anti-oxidants, instantly hydrates the skin while tightening it and helping to prevent acne, wrinkles, and dark spots
- NOONI Deep-Cleanse Snowflake Jelly Cleansing Oil
- MAMONDE Rose Water Toner
- HOLIKA HOLIKA Sweet Cotton Pore Cover Powder
3. Morus Alba aka White Mulberry – helps brighten the skin by reducing the appearance of skin discoloration